- Foreign Currency
Advantages of Foreign Currency Accounts:
- Send and Receive Cross Border Payments: If you frequently deal with international transactions, then you can conveniently send and receive money overseas with a Foreign Currency Account. However, transfer fees may apply.
- Deposit in Different Currencies: A Foreign Currency Account lets you deposit funds in the currency of your choice, so you can manage your day-to-day overseas transactions with ease.
- Make convenient payments overseas with Debit Card: With Citibank Debit Mastercard, you can access multiple different foreign currencies, for payments, or purchases overseas.
List of Foreign Currency Accounts from Citi
Choose from a single or multiple foreign currencies of your choice to save in your Foreign Currency Account.
Global Foreign Currency Account
- Allows you to carry out transactions in numerous currency types from a single platform.
- US dollar denominated checking account with free first cheque book.
US$ Savings Account
- This is a US dollar denominated Savings Account.
US$ Checking Account
- Non-interest bearing US dollar denominated Checking account with free cheque books.
FAQs on Foreign Currency Accounts:
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Citibank Foreign Currency Accounts allow the customer to hold multiple foreign currencies, such as US Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, New Zealand Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, Sterling Pound, Swiss Franc, UAE Dirham, South African Rand, Swedish Krona, Norwegian Krone and Danish Krone.
Yes, with a Citibank Foreign Currency Accounts, you can get a free Debit Card. With this Debit Card, you can access over 2 million ATMs and millions of merchants all over the world. Also, you can enjoy fee-free cash withdrawals at Citi ATMs.
Yes, to get shopping advantages with Citi Foreign Currency Accounts, you need to activate the Global Wallet feature from the Citi Mobile® App and add foreign currency accounts that are linked to your Citibank Debit Mastercard. Once this feature is activated, you can make purchases overseas at point-of-sale or online via international websites using your Citibank Debit Mastercard. Pay zero foreign transaction fees or currency conversion fees in over 150 currencies when you shop using Citibank Global Wallet feature.