Citibank SMRT Card
Save more everyday with the Citibank SMRT Card. Get up to 15% savings on coffee, groceries, toys and books when you spend with the SMRT Card. You can redeem SMRT$ for free SMRT rides or shopping vouchers. Apply now!
- Up to 7% savings on groceries
- Up to 15% savings on coffee
- Up to 5% savings on toys & books
- Redeem your SMRT$ for vouchers and rides
- No convenience fee charge for EZ-Reload Auto Top-up transactions
Save more every day.
Save when you shop at our participating merchants for groceries, coffee and more. Savings come in the form of SMRT$ and Citi Rebate.
With effect from 15 September 2014, the issuance of SMRT$ has been revised for the Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card. For SMRT$ issuance structure prior to 15 September 2014, click here.
Please note that a maximum of 280 SMRT$ can be earned during any 12 month period commencing from the (i) date your Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card is issued; or (ii) the date of the statement of account in the month your Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card account is renewed.
The aforementioned SMRT$ are offered and provided solely by Citibank Singapore Limited.
*For monthly statement spend of less than $600, SMRT$ earn rate will be 0.3% less.
^For a full list of participating Town Councils, please click here.
1 5% SMRT$ is awarded for transactions of $50 and above. 3% SMRT$ is awarded for transactions less than $50.
2 Citi Rebate is awarded for transactions made at Sheng Siong only. 2% Citi Rebate is awarded for transactions of $50 and above. 1% Citi Rebate is awarded for transactions of $20 to less than $50. Other Citi Rebate terms and conditions apply.
3 10% Citi Rebate is awarded for transactions (of minimum $10 spend) made at Starbucks outlets in Singapore only. Other Citi Rebate terms and conditions apply.
4 2% SMRT$ is awarded for EZ-Reload transactions of more than S$30. 1% SMRT$ is awarded for EZ-Reload transactions of S$30 or less.
- Buy 4 movie tickets for the price of 3 with Visa Checkout.
- Valid till 31 Dec 2016
Offer is valid for Visa Signature/Visa Infinite/Visa Platinum cards issued in Singapore only.
- All payments must be made via Visa Checkout with a valid Visa Signature/Visa Infinite/Visa Platinum card.
- Valid for Friday, Saturday and Sunday screenings only.
- Not valid for Gold Class, group bookings and premium priced tickets/cinemas/seats/films, eg. 3D films, film marathons, etc.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions, in-house offers, discounts, coupons or special offers.
- Each Visa Platinum, Visa Signature and Visa Infinite cardholder is entitled to one promotion offer per Friday, per Saturday and per Sunday.
- Bookings must be made through www.gv.com.sg and tickets are to be collected by the cardholder at the ticket box office of the cardholders selected Golden Village cinema.
- Limited online promotion packages are available for this offer and are subject to a first come, first served basis.
- A fixed allotment is available for each Friday, Saturday and Sunday and may not necessarily be allocated across all cinemas and all shows.
- Only 1 complimentary ticket will be awarded in each qualifying purchase.
- Not valid for purchases with corporate card.
- General terms and conditions apply.
- Offer is subject to change and availability.
Kallang Wave Mall
- Ride for Free Promotion
- Valid till 26 August 2017
- "Promotion" refers to the Citibank SMRT Card Ride For Free Promotion.
- Promotion period is from 27 August 2016 to 26 August 2017, both days inclusive ("Promotion Period").
- Only existing Citibank SMRT Cardmembers are eligible to participate in this Promotion ("Eligible Customers").
- Eligible Customers who charge a minimum of S$50 at Kallang Wave within the same day to their Citibank SMRT Card will be eligible to receive S$2 credit back ("Gift") on their Citibank SMRT Card. All spending must be charged to the same Citibank SMRT Card.
- Eligible customers are required to present their NRIC, original same-day receipt(s), Citibank SMRT Card and charge slip(s) upon instant redemption at Kallang Wave Information Counter. Eligible customers will be required to sign on a tracking sheet for acknowledgement of redemption.
- A maximum of three (3) same day receipts may be combined for the redemption of the Gift.
- Any receipts for (a) purchases made for store, venue, or mall vouchers or gift cards; (b) top-ups of prepaid, loyalty or membership cards (c) payments made on machines such as AXS, SAM or ATMs; (d) payments for banking services or banking transactions, pawn broking services, alcohol and tobacco, forex or travelers cheque transaction at the Kallang Wave retail outlets are not valid for use in the Promotion.
- The Gift is limited to the first 100 Eligible Customers per day. Limited to one (1) redemption per cardmember per day. While stocks lasts.
- Kallang Wave Management reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time at its discretion.
- By responding to this advertisement and providing your personal data, you consent to Citibank contacting you in respect of the Citibank SMRT Card via the telephone.
- Citibank shall not be responsible for the quality, merchantability or the fitness for any purpose or any other aspect of the products and/or services provided by third parties. Notwithstanding anything herein, Citibank shall not at any time be responsible or held liable for any loss, injury, damage or harm suffered by or in connection with the products and/or services provided by third parties.
- Citibank reserves the right at its reasonable discretion to terminate the Promotion, or vary, delete or add any of these terms and conditions from time to time without notice. These terms and conditions prevail over the contents of any brochure or other promotional material advertising this Promotion.
- Citibank's decision on all matters relating to the Promotion will be at its discretion and will be final and binding on all customers.
- Citibank full disclaimers, terms and conditions apply to individual products and banking services.
- Citibank refers to Citibank Singapore Limited.
Online and Travel Offers
- Get exclusive discounts online with your Citibank SMRT Card
Terms & Conditions:
- All offers are valid till 31 December 2016 unless otherwise stated.
- All complimentary gifts / vouchers are valid while stocks last.
- All payments must be charged to a Citibank SMRT Credit Card to enjoy the offers.
- Offers are not valid with other promotions, discounts, vouchers and cards, unless otherwise stated.
- Images are for illustration purposes only.
- Offers are subject to the Terms and Conditions of respective merchants.
- Citibank and the respective merchants reserve the right to vary the Terms and Conditions governing the offers.
- Citibank is not an agent of the merchants and makes no representation as to the quality of goods and services provided.
- All disputes about quality or performance of the product and/or services should be resolved directly with the merchant.
- All information is correct at time of posting.
- Age: 21 years old and above
- For Singaporeans and PRs, minimum annual income of S$30,000
- For foreigners, minimum annual income to qualify is S$42,000.
A copy of your NRIC/passport, latest original computerized payslip or Tax Notice of Assessment or last 12 months CPF statement. Click here to submit your CPF statement online.
A copy of your NRIC/passport, last 2 years Income Tax Notice of Assessment and last 3 months' bank statements.
A copy of your passport and work permit, a copy of utility or telephone bill or bank statement with applicant's name and address, Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip.
- Basic Card annual fee : $160.50 (inclusive of GST)
- Supplementary Card annual fee : $85.60 (inclusive of GST)
- Waiver: First 2 years annual fee for Basic and two (2) Supplementary Cards
Interest, Other Fees and Charges:
Click here to view the other fees and charges.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Citibank SMRT Card - SMRT$ Earning
Rebates for Citibank SMRT Card comes in the form of SMRT$. SMRT$ can be accumulated to redeem vouchers and free rides.
Please login to Citibank Online and select Rewards & Offers to redeem your SMRT$. Alternatively, please call our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking at 6225 5225.
Customers can redeem SMRT$ for vouchers and free rides. Customers can redeem vouchers for Giant, Cold Storage, Sheng Siong, rides and more. For full list of vouchers, visit www.citibank.com.sg/smrt and click on the Benefits and Redeem Rebates tabs. Redeem SMRT$1 for $1 worth of vouchers.
SMRT$ can still be redeemed for vouchers from these merchants: Cold Storage, Crystal Jade Group of Restaurants, Swensen's, Sakae Sushi and Jack's Place Steak House & Restaurants.
For New Cards*
Your new EMV-DDA Smart Chip Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card can be used where Visa payments are accepted. It also doubles up as an ez-link card that can be used for public transport fare payments and non-travel related payments where ez-link payments are accepted.
Whenever the remaining stored value of the ez-link Facility on your Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card is insufficient for your transaction, a default value of S$30 (″EZ-Reload amount″) will be automatically debited from your new Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card account. This EZ-Reload amount will be charged directly to your new Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card, earning you up to 2% rebate each time. Please note that there is no convenience fee charge with each EZ-Reload transaction.
You will receive a notification containing a collection slip number (activation code). Please present your Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card and collection slip number (activation code) at any TransitLink Ticket Office or at any General Ticketing Machine installed with an external card reader to activate the EZ-Reload Facility on your Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card. At the activation of the EZ-Reload Facility, a default value of S$30 will be automatically debited from your Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card account and credited to the ez-link Facility incorporated into the Card. You may check the application status of your EZ-Reload Facility on www.ezlink.com.sg or you may contact us at 6238-7777.
If you wish to change the default S$30 EZ-Reload amount, please refer to the steps below. Please allow up to 4 weeks for the change to be made.
3 Step process:
- Step 1. EZ-Reload Facility activated
Proceed to any TransitLink Ticket Office to terminate the default S$30 EZ-Reload Facility.
EZ-Reload Facility not activated
Please call EZ-Link at 6496 8300 to terminate the default S$30 EZ-Reload amount.
- Step 2. Please allow at least 7 working days for your account to be updated before reapplying for the EZ-Reload Facility with a new EZ-Reload amount. You may do so by logging on to www.ezlink.com.sg.
- Step 3. You will receive a new collection slip number (activation code) within 14 days.
Yes, you can. Your new Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card can be used for travel on public transport as well as for payment at non-travel related merchants.
Please contact the Citibank Platinum Services hotline at 6238-7777 immediately.
For Replacements and Renewal Cards**
EMV stands for Europay, MasterCard, Visa, the global standard for chip-based debit and credit transactions. It is a joint effort between Europay, MasterCard and Visa to ensure security and global interoperability so that Visa and MasterCard cards can continue to be accepted everywhere.
DDA stands for Dynamic Data Authentication, and is the upgraded version of chip-based cards. Chip-based cards comply with the standard of data security requested by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Each Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card has a unique ez-link identifier. As such, the ez-link Facility and the EZ-Reload Facility activated on your previous Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card is different from the one on your new Card and cannot be transferred.
You will receive a notification containing a collection slip number (activation code). Please present your Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card and collection slip number (activation code) at any TransitLink Ticket Office or at any General Ticketing Machine installed with an external card reader to activate the EZ-Reload Facility on your Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card. The EZ-Reload amount on your new Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card will be the EZ-Reload amount on your previous Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card. You may check the application status of your EZ-Reload Facility on www.ezlink.com.sg or you may contact us at 6238-7777.
Please refer to the steps below:
If you have activated the EZ-Reload ATU Facility previously
|If you possess the physical card||Please bring your Card to the TransitLink Ticket Office to have the facility deactivated and the balance refunded to you.
The staff will destroy the Card immediately.
|If you do not possess the physical card||Please call Citibank Platinum Services hotline at 6238-7777 and our Citibank Platinum Services Officers will assist you. Please note that your refunds may take up to 6 weeks.|
If you manually top-up the ez-link stored value or have previously terminated the EZ-Reload Facility
|If you possess the physical card||Please bring your Card to the TransitLink Ticket Office to have the balance refunded to you.
The staff will destroy the Card immediately.
|If you do not possess the physical card||You will not be able to obtain the refund of the remaining balance in your previous Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card.|
If this new Card is a renewal card or a replacement for a damaged Card, the credit card number is the same. As such, your existing arrangements will remain unchanged.
* For new Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card holders, your EZ-Reload amount is defaulted at S$30.
** For renewals and replacement cards, the EZ-Reload amount on your Card will be the EZ-Reload amount on your previous Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card.