- Coverage for Overseas Medical Expenses and Accidental Dental Expenses of up to S$2,000,000.
- One of the highest coverage rates up to S$15,000 for trip cancellation and S$1,600 for baggage delay
- Unlimited number of children covered under the Family Plan.
Enrol now via the following channels:
|1||Overseas Medical Expenses and Accidental Dental Expenses||2,000,000||600,000||250,000|
|2||Post Journey Medical Expenses||15,000||10,000||5,000|
|3||Treatment from Traditional Chinese Medicine||750||750||500|
|4||Overseas Hospital Confinement Benefit - $200 per day||50,000||30,000||10,000|
|5||Post Journey Hospital Confinement - S$200 per day||3,000||2,000||NA|
|6||Emergency Medical Evacuation||Unlimited||Unlimited||500,000|
|7||Repatriation of Mortal Remains||Unlimited||Unlimited||100,000|
|10||Compassionate Visit Overseas||10,000||5,000||3,000|
|12||Emergency Telephone charges||Unlimited||Unlimited||100|
|13||Accidental Death and Permanent Disablement||500,000||200,000||150,000|
|14||Double Public Conveyance Cover||1,000,000||4,00,000||3,00,000|
|18||Credit Card Indemnity||3,000||1,000||NA|
Personal Property and Baggage
Personal Money and Travel Documents
|23||Flight Diversion||2,000 ($200 per 6 hours)||1,000 ($100 per 6 hours)||NA|
Kidnap & Hostage
Hijack of Public Conveyance
|28||Personal Liability Abroad||1,000,000||1,000,000||500,000|
|29||Legal Expenses for wrongful arrest/detention||150,000||75,000||25,000|
|30||Home Contents Cover||10,000||5,000||NA|
|31||Rental Vehicle Excess||1,000||500||300|
|33||Unused Entertainment Ticket||300||200||NA|
Loss or Damage of golfing equipment
- Max $500 per item
|Entertainment Expenses in Hole-in-One||500||100|
|Unused green fees due to sickness/injury||500||150|
Loss or Damage of ski equipment
- Max $500 per item
|Replace lift or ski passes if they are lost or stolen||500||200|
|Unused ski equipment hire, lift passes and ski school expenses due to accident or illness||800||200|
|37||Automatic Extension of Policy period:|
|Due to overseas hospital confinement||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|Due to Public Transport delay or Critical Medical Condition||7 days||7 days||7 days|
|38||24-hr Worldwide Medical Emergency Assistance Hotline 24-hr Travel Advice Hotline||Included||Included||Included|
- The amounts listed above are the maximum coverage payable for each benefit.
- All benefit items are on reimbursement basis where you will be reimbursed for the expenses incurred except for benefit items 4, 5, 13, 14, 20, 22 to 27 and 32.
- "Pre-existing conditions" will not be covered.
- Please refer to the policy wordings for the full specifications, conditions and exclusions.
- SafeTravel Insurance must be purchased before you depart from Singapore.
SafeTravel offers a wide array of plan options to meet your individual needs. Choose a plan based on your travel destination, frequency of travel and the level of coverage required.
You might like to purchase an Annual Plan if you travel frequently.
|Each extra week||33||26||19||59||46||34||72||55||41|
|Each extra week||29||23||17||52||41||30||59||45||32|
|Each extra week||42||29||23||76||52||41||98||75||52|
- Single trip plans cover for a maximum of 182 consecutive days.
- Annual plans cover for a maximum of 90 consecutive days per trip.
- The Couple plans cover 2 adults who need not be related.
- The Single Trip Family plans cover 2 adults who need not be related and an unlimited number of children of either one of the insured adults OR 1 adult and an unlimited number of children of the insured adult.
- The Annual Family plans cover 2 adults who must be legally married and their children OR 1 adult and an unlimited number of children of the insured adult.
- The insured person(s) must be Singapore Residents and aged between 18 - 75 years on the effective date of insurance.
- The child(ren) must be Singapore Residents and aged between 45 days - 18 years (or 23 years if studying full-time in a recognized tertiary institution), unmarried and unemployed on the effective date of insurance. The child(ren) must be at least 12 years old if travelling without both parents.
- Singapore Residents means a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit /S-Pass/Employment Pass/Dependent Pass/Long-Term Social Visit Pass/Student Pass holder on the effective date of insurance.
- ASEAN means Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- ASIA means Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Macau, Mongolia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Timor-Leste and includes ASEAN.
- Worldwide means any country outside Singapore.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
The Insured adult must be a Singapore Resident aged between eighteen (18) years and seventy-five (75) years on the Effective Date of Insurance;
- Spouse must be a Singapore Resident aged between eighteen (18) years and seventy-five (75) years on the Effective Date of Insurance;
- Insured Child(ren) must be:
- A Singapore Resident;
- Aged between forty-five (45) days and eighteen (18) years (or twenty-three (23) years if studying full-time in a recognized tertiary institution) on the Effective Date of Insurance;
Your child(ren) above 12 years and below 18 years of age can be covered on a Single Trip policy when they travel alone on a Journey. For the Annual policy, your child(ren) must travel with at least one insured parent or be at least 12 years old if travelling without an insured parent on a journey.
Yes. You may purchase on their behalf but in this scenario, you are the payer.
For a Single Trip policy, Family plan is defined as
- A maximum of 2 adult(s) who need not be related OR 1 adult; and
- Any number of child(ren) of at least one of the insured adult(s) referred
As for the Annual policy, Family plan means 2 adults who must be legally married and child(ren)* only OR 1 adult and child(ren)*
*where your accompanying child(ren) must be between 45 days and 18 years old, or 23 years old if studying full-time in a recognized tertiary institution, unmarried and unemployed.
Yes. Adults purchasing the Couple plan under Single Trip need not be related.
The cover commences on the day that you start your journey, except for Journey Cancellation benefit whereby coverage starts 30 days from commencement of the planned Journey departing from Singapore.
Yes. A travel policy covers other risks such as overseas medical and travel expenses, liability, travel inconveniences like baggage delay, travel delay, misconnection, trip curtailment etc. Thus it is advisable to purchase a travel policy that caters specifically to your travel needs.
For the Single Trip plan, the maximum is 182 consecutive days and for the Annual Plan, the maximum is 90 consecutive days per journey.
Upon the Insured incident happening, you can give ACE Assistance a call at (65) 6836 2922 or ACE Insurance at (65) 6299 0988.
If you have any questions, please call the ACE Insurance hotline at (65) 6299 0988, Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm to speak to an ACE Customer Service Officer.
No. You need to have a valid Work Permit, S Pass, Employment Pass, Long-Term Social Visit pass, Student Pass or Dependent Pass in order to be covered.
With reference to the General Exclusions stated in the policy, any claims arising directly or indirectly as a result of "declared or undeclared war or any act of war, invasion, foreign enemy, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power" will be excluded. For example, the situation of the military coup in Thailand in May - June 2014 will fall under the abovementioned exclusion. If a Policyholder chooses to continue his/her trip to Thailand then, he/she will continue to be covered for all other travel inconveniences subject to the policy terms and conditions, except for any claims arising directly or indirectly as a result of the military coup, as explained above.
About ACE Insurance Limited
Operating in Singapore since 1948, ACE Insurance in Singapore is a member of the ACE Group of Companies®, a global leader in insurance and reinsurance serving a diverse group of clients. Headed by ACE Limited (NYSE:ACE), a component of the S&P 500 stock index, the ACE Group conducts its business on a worldwide basis with operating subsidiaries in more than 50 countries. Assigned a financial strength rating of 'A+/Stable' and the highest ASEAN credit rating of 'axAAA' by Standard & Poor's, ACE in Singapore has carved a niche for itself as one of the leading direct marketing providers of Accident & Health insurance. It often partners with financial institutions and other companies to tailor individual policies for their clients and employees. Over the years, the company has established strong client relationships by offering responsive service, developing innovative products and providing market leadership built on financial strength. ACE Singapore has also been awarded the Singapore Quality Class (SQC) certification for achieving all-round business excellence by SPRING Singapore, the national standards and accreditation body.
SafeTravel is underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited Co. Reg. No. 199702449H. Insurance products are obligations only of the insurance companies. They are not bank deposits or obligations of or guaranteed by Citibank Singapore Ltd, Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. This policy is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg). This is not a contract of insurance. Accordingly, the information should be read and construed in the light of, and subject to, all terms and conditions contained in the Policy. Full details are stated in the Policy. The insurer is responsible for informing you of any changes in the Policy. All updates regarding the Policy will be communicated to you by the insurer at your last known mailing address or your telephone number in the insurer's records. Accordingly, please inform ACE Insurance Limited (and not Citibank Singapore Limited) through ACE Insurance Limited Customer Service Hotline if there are any changes in your mailing address, telephone number or other personal particulars. All insurance applications are subject to the insurance company's underwriting and acceptance.