Citibank SMS Pay Features
- Pay your Citibank Credit Card and Ready Credit bills via SMS
- Receive SMS reminder notifications before your payment is due
- Most convenient payment method when you want to pay from your non-Citi bank account.
How does Citibank SMS Pay work?
Citibank SMS Pay Application:
- As a one-time setup, you will need to complete Citibank SMS Pay Application and mail it back to Citibank Singapore Limited
- In this form, you have to provide the details of your preferred bank account from which you wish to draw funds to make your Citibank Credit Card and/or Ready Credit Bills.
- This arrangement authorises Citibank to make deductions for payments to your Credit Card and/or Ready Credit bills via just an SMS from your nominated bank account.
SMS Pay Application Confirmation:
- You should receive an acknowledgement of receipt of this form via email within 1 week of submission.
- Please continue to pay your monthly amounts due by cheque or cash until you receive confirmation via email that this authorization has taken effect.
Note: Supplementary Credit Cardmembers will NOT be able to effect Citibank SMS Pay Instructions
SMS Pay Instruction:
Once you receive an SMS reminder that your Credit Card/Ready Credit bill is due, SMS <PAYMIN> or <PAYFULL><SPACE>followed by the last 4-digits of your Card or Account Number to 72484.
- SMS <PAY><SPACE>followed by the last 4-digits of your account number to receive your statement details (E.g. <PAY 1234>).
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
It is a new service that allows you to pay your Citibank Credit Card and/or Ready Credit bills via an SMS, by debiting funds from your other bank account*.
Set up a one-time arrangement for an Inbound Funds Transfer with your preferred bank. This arrangement will authorise Citibank to make deductions for payments to your Credit Card and/or Ready Credit bills from your preferred other bank account via an SMS. Click here to download Citibank SMS Pay Application Form.
Once the arrangement is in force, you will receive an SMS informing you of your Citibank Credit Card and/or Ready Credit outstanding bills when payment is due. You may then reply with the instruction to <PAYMIN> or <PAYFULL><SPACE>, followed by the last 4-digits of your account number. E.g. <PAYMIN 1234>. You will receive an SMS when payment has been received. You may also SMS <PAY><SPACE>, followed by the last 4-digits of your account number e.g.
No. Only normal SMS charges imposed by your mobile operator will apply.
No. You will only be given an option of making a minimum payment or full payment of the amount which your Citibank Credit Card and/or Ready Credit Bill is outstanding for the month.
Your transfer limit for using Citibank SMS Pay is dependent on your other bank's setup. For queries on transfer limit, please refer them to your other bank.
You are not limited to when you reply to the SMS to pay your bills. However, do note that the SMS reply needs to be received 3 days before the payment due date to be considered for the month's payment.
Upon receiving the SMS reply instruction, it takes about 2 - 3 working days for the transfer to be effected. You will receive an SMS when your payment has been received
Citibank SMS Pay validates the mobile number and the last 4-digits of your account number before effecting the transfer. As a gentle reminder, kindly update your bank immediately if there is a change in your contact details to avoid any inconvenience.
Yes, you may still respond with <PAYFULL<>SPACE>, followed by the last 4-digits of your account number. The excess amount made earlier will be credited to your next month's outstanding bill payment
I accidentally deleted the SMS informing me of my Citibank Credit Card and/or Ready Credit outstanding bills, can I still use Citibank SMS Pay to reply with an instruction to <PAYMIN> or <PAYFULL>?
Simply send an enquiry SMS <PAY><SPACE>, followed by your last 4-digits of your account number to 7CITI (72484) at anytime to find out your outstanding bills. Thereafter, proceed to reply with the instruction to <PAYMIN> or <PAYFULL>, followed by your last 4-digits of your account number
Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions:
Citibank SMS Pay Terms and Conditions
* Other bank accounts refer to accounts with any other bank or finance company that is a participant in the GIRO network.
- In these Terms and Conditions:
- "Citibank" means Citibank Singapore Limited.
- "I", "my" or "me" means the Citibank Credit Cardmember, Citibank Ready Credit / Ready Credit Smart Cash accountholder (as the case may be) and
- "SMS" means Short Message Service provided by Citibank's mobile service provider which:
- Citibank may use to send communication to my mobile phone and
- Enables me to give Citibank instructions in respect of my Citibank Credit Card and/or Citibank Ready Credit Account, in accordance with Citibank's prevailing procedure.
- I agree that the SMS Pay Service ("SMS Pay") will be availed by Citibank to me, subject to these Terms and Conditions which Citibank may amend from time to time.
- An Inbound Funds Transfer ("IFT") facility and a subscription to the requisite category of CitiAlerts (each an "Alert", collectively the "Alerts") is required for SMS Pay. The Terms and Conditions of use for IFT and Alerts will also apply to SMS Pay.
- I understand that:
- I must be an accountholder of the nominated account ("Nominated Account") maintained with a bank or finance company participating in the GIRO network ("Nominated FI") from which specified sums will be debited for payment of my Citibank Credit Card and/or Citibank Ready Credit Bills.
- The Nominated FI must approve my payment instruction.
- The SMS Pay Service is only available to Citibank Ready Credit accountholders, Citibank Ready Credit Smart Cash accountholders and Citibank Credit Main Cardmembers.
- Any payment instruction from me must be from the mobile phone number I have provided to you for SMS Pay and any such instruction will be final and binding.
- I may not receive the Alert with details on my statement balance, minimum amount due and due date for my account(s) upon the issuance of the relevant account statement if my mobile phone operator is unable to support the service and the relevant Terms and Conditions of your service provider will apply to the Alerts.
- I understand that:
- Authorize Citibank to make a claim of the relevant sums from the Nominated FI.
- That although you will send me an acknowledgement of my payment instruction, I am responsible for ensuring that there are sufficient funds in the Nominated Bank Account to carry out my SMS payment instruction.
- That the payment instruction will take at least 3 business days to be effected.
- The Terms and Conditions of the applicable agreement for my Citibank Credit Card and/or Ready Credit Account(s) will continue to apply.
- I agree that Citibank shall be entitled to charge a fee for this service, and that Citibank shall be entitled to vary the Terms and Conditions relating to this payment service (including IFT and Alerts).