- Add Payee
Citibank Add Payee Features
- Add a payee and start paying anyone, anytime anywhere.
- Move your funds locally & overseas at your conveniencePrivileges and convenience.
How to Add Payee for Online Fund Transfers?
- Login to www.citibank.com.sg with your User ID and password
- Select 'Payments and Transfers' on your top navigation of your Account Summary page.
You will be prompted to key your One-Time PIN1 (OTP).
You have to request your One-Time PIN1 (OTP) via SMS or use your Online Security Device (OSD).
- Select 'Add Payee' if you are performing a Bill Payment or Fund Transfer for the first time to that payee.
- Select 'Payee Type' and follow the onset screen instructions.
- In order to add this new payee successfully, you will then have to perform Transaction Signing.
- First, you will obtain a Challenge Code on Citibank Online screen
- Follow the onset screen instructions to input this Challenge Code into the Online Security Device and generate a Transaction Authorization Code (TAC).
- Key in your TAC on screen to complete the process of adding a payee.
For a Step-by-step guide, please refer to http://www.citibank.com.sg/new_payee.htm
Effective 1 January 2013, your existing Online Security Device (OSD) will be replaced with a new enhanced device. Besides generating a One-Time PIN (OTP) for login and other online transactions, this device offers a more sophisticated authentication process called Transaction Signing, when performing the following transactions:
- Adding a new payee
- Updating your email address
- Performing high-value funds transfer
- Sending a secured message
Transaction Signing is a new process that has been introduced to increase the security of certain online banking transactions. This process requires the user to enter a 10-digit Challenge Code which is specific to the online transaction that the user is currently performing into the Online Security Device. The device will then generate a unique 6-digit security code named as Transaction Authorization Code (TAC).
How do I use the new online security device?
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Follow the steps below to change your Payee details:
- In the sidebar, click on the option “Manage Your Payee”
- You will now find all the payees on the list. If you wish to search for a particular payee, you can use the Search function.
- To check the full details of a payee, click on the Plus icon.
- If you wish to change any details such as the account number, etc., select the option “Change Payee”
- To delete a payee, simply click on Delete > Confirm
Citibank allows you to add as many as 6 payees across your accounts in 24 hours. If you have added a new payee under the RTGS system, you will be able to carry out transfer only after 1 business day (excluding holidays).
To check your payee details in Citibank, follow the steps below:
- From your My Citi Dashboard, select the option “Payments and Transfers”.
- You will now be directed to a new page. On the side of this page click on “Add or Manage Payees.”
- You can check the list of payees or use the search function to search for a particular payee.
- To check the full details of any payee click on the + icon.
Follow the steps below to manage the list of payees in Citibank:
- Go to your My Citi dashboard and select Payments & Transfers > Manage Payee List.
- Now click on Add or Manage Payees on the following page.
- Check the list of payees.
- If you want to search for a particular payee, you can easily use the search function to do so.
- Check the full details of any payee by clicking on the + icon.
- You can even change the details of a payee by clicking on the +icon. Click on Edit and make the changes accordingly.
- Verify the changes by clicking on “Next.
- Now click on Confirm > Done
Follow the steps below to transfer money to an overseas account by using Add payee:
- Login to Citibank Online and select Payments & Transfers from the top menu or left menu.
- Now, on the Payments/Transfers page select “Add Payee”
- Select transfer type under Overseas Payees from the drop-down menu that appears under the option Payee Type.
- Enter Payee Details
- Select Destination Citibank, key in Payee Name and Citibank account number. Click Next
- After checking the details click Add This Payee
- Now, click on Activate Payee
- You will receive a 6-digit Online Authorisation Code on your mobile phone if you have selected the option previously.
- Enter your 6-digit Online Authorisation Code and click on Activate This Payee
- Click on “Make Payment / Transfer” and select the payee in the dropdown list.
- Select the account that you wish to transfer funds from.
- Enter the amount to transfer and a message > Next
- Once you confirm the details click on Make This Transfer
Terms & Conditions:Terms & Conditions:
For payments and transfers via Citi Mobile, the payee will first have to be added on Citibank Online and activated with an Online Authorisation Code (OAC). All payments and transfers are subject to the Citibank Online User Agreement. Some or all of the services (including payments and transfers) that may be accessed through Citi Mobile or Citibank Online may not be available during our scheduled maintenance times. In the event of such unavailability, you may call our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking at 6225 5225 or visit a Citibank branch to conduct your banking transactions. Citibank exercises no control and assumes no responsibility for any delay, misconnection, variation in response times and connectivity of any Internet Service Provider (whether local or overseas) through which access to Citi Mobile and/or Citibank Online is effected. Citibank full disclaimers, terms and conditions apply to individual products and banking services.