Citibank is committed to keeping your credit card, Ready Credit and banking accounts ("accounts") safe and secure 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are pleased to present a 2 Way SMS service that allows us to alert you of any suspicious transaction on your account. If you receive such an SMS from us, you should inform us if the transaction is authorised by you or not by following the relevant instructions in the SMS.
How it works:
- A suspicious transaction is detected on one of your accounts.
- Citibank sends an SMS to your registered mobile number alerting you to the transaction and requesting for your reply to the SMS. The SMS from Citibank will be sent from the number 72484 or +65 9657 2484.
- You should reply to the SMS with "1" if the transaction is authorised by you or "2" if the transaction is not authorised by you.
- You will receive the SMS from the number 72484 ("Short Code") if your registered mobile is a Singapore number and
+65 9657 2484 ("Long Code") if your registered number is not a Singapore number*
- We will not ask for any additional information to be provided other than "1" or "2".
- If you are overseas or holding onto an overseas mobile number, please send your reply to +65 9657 2484.
- It is important that we have your updated mobile number so that you can receive these alerts relating to your accounts.
If your credit card, ATM card or debit card is lost or stolen or if the PIN is compromised, it is important that you report the loss or theft or disclosure to us immediately so that we can prevent further transactions to the relevant account. To report the loss or theft or disclosure to Citibank, please call +65 62255225. Please note that you are liable for the transactions on your account until the bank receives your report of the loss or theft or disclosure.
*The Short and Long Code number appearing on the SMS may differ depending on the telephone service provider delivering the SMS (for example, if you are overseas).