- Welcome Offer
- Up to 2%* p.a. interest
- S$7501 cash reward
Enjoy up to 2%* p.a. interest rate OR S$7501 cash reward when you start a Citi Priority relationship with fresh funds of S$70,000.
Get up to 2%* p.a. interest rate with the Citi MaxiGain Savings Account.
Get up to 2%* p.a. on your savings with Citi MaxiGain Savings Account
(80%# of 1-month SIBOR)
(0.1% p.a. x 12 Counters)
Earn Base Interest:
- 80%# of the 1-month Singapore Dollar Interbank Offer Rate (1-month SIBOR)
Earn Bonus Interest:
- Bonus interest rate that steps up each month
- Starting from 0.1% p.a. to a maximum of 1.2%^ p.a.
Base Rate# (p.a.)
Bonus Rate^ (p.a.)
Total Interest Rate* (p.a.)
Click here for the full terms and conditions.
#For illustration purposes, we have provided in this marketing material that the 1-month SIBOR is 1% p.a. therefore, the base interest rate set out in this marketing material is 0.8% p.a. based on the 1-month SIBOR of 1% p.a. The base interest rate will fluctuate daily in accordance with the movement of the 1-month SIBOR. The base interest rate will be paid on the first S$150,000 in the daily balance of your Citi MaxiGain Savings Account ("MaxiGain account"). You need to maintain a daily end of day balance of at least S$10,000 in your MaxiGain account to earn base interest.
^You shall accrue bonus interest at a rate ("Bonus Interest Rate") that steps up each month,from 0.1% p.a. to a maximum of 1.2% p.a., calculated based on your lowest balance in the previous month, if the lowest balance in your MaxiGain account in a month is equal to or greater than the lowest balance in the previous month. The lowest amount of funds in your MaxiGain account at any point in time in a month shall be the "lowest balance" of that month. The "Counter" increases by 1 each time the Bonus Interest Rate steps up.
*By fulfilling the necessary conditions, you can achieve 2% interest p.a. (0.8%# base + 1.2%^ p.a. bonus) from the 13th month onwards. For clarity, the 0.8%# interest p.a. is applicable on the daily balance and 1.2%^ interest p.a. is applicable on the lowest balance in the previous month provided the necessary conditions are fulfilled.
First cheque book issued upon account opening is free. Thereafter, issuance of each subsequent cheque book is charged at S$15.
Deposit Insurance Scheme:
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured. For more information, please visit www.sdic.org.sg.
Citibank full disclaimers, terms and conditions apply to individual products and banking services.
Receive S$7501 when you start a Citi Priority relationship today
Start with minimum investible assets of S$100,000 and be rewarded with additional cash when you invest or insure with us.
Fund in S$100,000
Transfer-in Investments of S$100,000
Investment AND insurance purchase of S$50,000
Total additional cash of
Terms and Conditions
1With S$100,000 of New Funds and transfer-in of eligible unit trusts, shares or bonds, and purchase of S$50,000 eligible investment products and S$50,000 eligible insurance products. This program is not applicable to Citi MaxiGain customers. For full terms and conditions, click here.
Benefits as a Citi Priority Client:
- Real time access to account information via Citibank Online & Citi Mobile® App.
- Convenience of placing your investments 24/7 within a single login through our online platform.
- Smart Tips on financial solutions spanning across Investments, FX solutions and Protection.
- Free Citibank ATM withdrawals* in over 20 countries.
- Emergency cash of up to US$5,000 from your account at any Citi branch worldwide.
- Free and instant online fund transfers with a maximum daily outgoing limit of US$50,000^ from your Citibank account to Citibank accounts anywhere via Citibank Global Transfer.
Terms and Conditions
+Prevailing foreign currency exchange rates apply.
^Fund transfer here refers to Citibank Global Transfer via Citibank Online. Available in participating countries with no processing fee. Standard foreign currency exchange rates apply. Subject to a maximum daily outgoing limit of S$65,000. Depending on the country where the funds are being remitted to, a lower limit may apply.
Citi MaxiGain Savings Account
What interest will I earn on the Citi MaxiGain Savings Account?
- You will earn base interest and bonus interest on your Citi MaxiGain Savings Account ("MaxiGain account") if certain criteria are met.
How is base interest calculated?
- The Bank shall pay you a base interest rate ("Base Interest Rate") at 80% of the 1 month Singapore Dollar Singapore Interbank Offer Rate ("1 month SIBOR") on your daily balance, up to the first S$150,000 in your MaxiGain account. For example, if 1 month SIBOR is 1% p.a., the Base Interest Rate shall be 0.8% p.a.
- The 1 month SIBOR for December 2015 was 0.972% p.a. for your reference. If the 1 month SIBOR is 0% p.a. or lower, the Base Interest Rate shall be zero.
- A Base Interest Rate of 0.05% p.a. shall apply to balances in your MaxiGain account in excess of S$150,000.
How is bonus interest calculated?
- Your account balance shall accrue bonus interest at a rate ("Bonus Interest Rate") that steps up each month, from 0.10% p.a. to a maximum of 1.20% p.a. A bonus counter ("Counter") is a numerical representation of your "bonus level" on the MaxiGain account. The Counter ranges from "0" to "12", representing the corresponding Bonus Interest Rate from 0.00% p.a. to 1.20% p.a.
- The Counter increases by 1 each time the Bonus Interest Rate steps up. The Bonus Interest Rate steps up in a month if the lowest balance in that month is equal to or greater than the lowest balance in the preceding month. Bonus interest is computed based on the preceding month's lowest balance and number of calendar days in the preceding month. The lowest amount of funds in your MaxiGain account at any point in time in a month shall be the "lowest balance" of that month.
- Please see the table below for illustration:
Month 1 Month 2 Month 3 Lowest Balance S$30,000 S$40,000 S$50,000 Number of days in month 28 31 30 Counter 1 2 Bonus Interest Rate 0.10% p.a. 0.20% p.a. Bonus interest N.A S$30,000 x 0.10% x 28/365 = S$2.30 S$40,000 x 0.20% x 31/365 = S$6.79
Are there requirements for interests to be earned?
- Yes, the Base Interest Rate applies if your MaxiGain account has a minimum balance of S$10,000. In other words, base interest accrues on a day where the account balance for that day is at least S$10,000. Conversely, no base interest shall accrue on a day where the account balance for that day falls below S$10,000.
- The Bonus Interest Rate on the other hand has no requirement of a minimum balance . Bonus interest will accrue in a month at the relevant Bonus Interest Rate for so long as the Counter for that month is higher than zero.
MaxiGain Account Balance Base Interest Bonus Interest S$0 to S$150,000 80% of 1 month SIBOR Up to 1.20% p.a., depending on the Counter Above S$150,000 0.05% p.a. Conditions Only applicable if the daily account balance is at least S$10,000
No minimum or maximum balance requirement for bonus interest
Counter must be higher than zero
What happens if my lowest balance this month is lower than the lowest balance in the previous month?
- If your lowest balance in the current month is lower than the lowest balance in the preceding month, the
- Counter will reset as follows:
Counter in the Preceding Month Counter in the Current Month 0-5 6-12 6
When will I receive my base and bonus interest if I meet the requirements?
- You will receive your base interest on the last day of a month, starting as early as 29 February 2016, for so long as you meet the minimum balance of S$10,000. You will receive your bonus interest on the last day of March 2016, provided the lowest balance in March 2016 is equal to or greater than the lowest balance in February 2016.
Where can I find the latest SIBOR rates?
- You can visit the website: http://www.abs.org.sg/rates_sibor.php for updated SIBOR rates.
I am interested to start a Citi Priority relationship
Your personal particulars
Refer a friend or family and get rewarded
- Get up to S$1,000* when you refer your friends or family to start a wealth relationship with Citi.
*Full Terms and conditions apply
New Funds promotions
- Receive cash rewards* for topping up your balances with Citi Priority.
- Earn more cash bonuses by simply transferring in your investment holdings or growing your wealth with investment or insurance.
*Full Terms and conditions apply
- Protect what matters most with our suite of insurance solutions. Exclusive to Citi Priority clients, receive S$20 off* on Grab rides by simply having a conversation with us.
*Full Terms and conditions apply